Friday, June 1, 2007

California on Iraq

California Primary Ballot May Include Iraq Question
“He grew up during the Vietnam War and saw all those young people take to the streets,” Ms. Trost said. “He said, ‘Now they can go to the ballot box.’ ”


Too bad it seems like "young people" really don't care. In comparison to "young people" during the Vietnam War, at least.

I can't say that I've actively taken a stand on the war. Yet I can name four people off the top of my head who were relatively close to me who either fought or are fighting in the war. Why is it that we don't care anymore? I digress.

What does this mean for presidential campaigns?

Win or lose, the measure would be toothless, but pollsters and political scientists said it could change the dynamics of the primary race here, in part by making it difficult for presidential candidates to avoid the subject while campaigning in the state.


Good luck, potential Presidents.

No comments: