Monday, June 4, 2007

Study Says Youth Less Interested in Politics

So this is in Russia.

But I've a feeling that it's applicable to the U.S. as well. Why is it that youth is so apathetic? Perhaps it's because we have been taught to be individualistic, to work for our own gain, to zero in on how to improve our own lives. I guess what we fail to realize is that politics, the government, plays a huge role in influencing our standard of living.

I have to admit, I'm guilty of this political apathy as well. I guess that's why I'm "politically clueless" in the first place. For a while there I'd forgotten that I'm of age now--I can actually vote. Thank goodness for this assignment, for this blog. Else I would probably have stayed in my state of political ignorance and complacency for a while longer.

Time to take a stand and actually start caring.

No comments: